We are committed to being 100% transparent about our fees. If anything is unclear, please just ask!
As your items begin to sell, we deduct the first £5 of sales to cover the cost of outbound and inbound postage.
After this, we charge 33% commission on successful sales.
So for a typical Bag that sells £80 worth of clothes. The first £5 covers postage costs leaving £75 of remaining sales.
Thrift+ receives 33% of this = £25 commission.
This helps us to build a truly first-class service for second-hand clothes. Below are some of the key areas where we use our funds:
- Sorting, pricing & preparing donations
- Photographing & uploading items
- Dispatching ThriftBags & arranging collections
- Building & maintaining our online marketplace
- Storing & managing our inventory
- Packing & posting online orders
- Customer service for donors, shoppers & charities
- Spreading the word about Thrift+!