Which brands do you accept?
There are two things we’re looking for when we hand-check your pre-loved clothes. Number one, a recognisable brand. And number two, tip-top condition. If you tick both these boxes, your clothes have the best chance of reselling.
First up, here are some examples of brands we do and don’t accept. Head to our Brand Checker to see the full list. If the brand isn't on the Brand Checker list, we won't be able to accept it.
What gets the green light?
High Street: Boden, Zara, Fat Face, White Stuff, Superdry, Hollister, Mango, Gymshark, Celtic & Co., Oasis.
Premium: &Other Stories, Whistles, COS, Hobbs, Phase Eight, Reiss, The North Face, Levi's, Diesel, AllSaints, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Boden, Superdry, French Connection, Adidas, Monsoon, Ted Baker, Jigsaw, Aspiga, dhb.
Designer: Kenzo, Chloe, Versace, Stella McCartney, Burberry, Missoni, Prada, Gucci, Moschino, Acne Studios, Alexander McQueen, Comme des Garçons, PAROSH.
What gets the red light?
High Street: Primark, Tu, George, Shein Premium, ASOS.
Designer: Small boutique designers.
The reason we don’t accept brands like Primark, George, Tu, or F&F is that their clothes tend to have a limited lifespan. That means they won’t be high enough quality to resell.
We also don’t accept:
- Items without their brand and care labels.
- Brands that do not appear on our Brand Checker.
- Unbranded items or unrecognisable brands.
- Counterfeit items.
Next, here are some pointers on what tip-top condition means. What gets the green light?
Items must be in like-new condition with zero defects.
Good and above. Items without defects or significant signs of wear.
Fair and above. Items with minor defects or signs of wear.
What gets the red light?
Across the board, we don’t accept clothes with stains, rips, or marks.
Other top tips
- We can’t send back items that aren’t accepted - these will be donated to charity.
-If the brand isn't appearing on our Brand Checker we will not be able to accept it.
-If you think a brand should be on our Brand Checker, let us know by emailing our team: email@example.com.
- Some high street brands will only be accepted if they have their original tags - check our Brand Checker to find out if this applies to your item.
- If an item is likely to sell for less than £5, it may be rejected.
- We assess the estimated RRP value of an item and its secondhand appeal. "Basic" items do not usually pass our quality control, as shoppers can easily buy these very cheaply new.
- Premium brands sell quickly for a great price. So fill up your Thrift+ Bag with clothes you no longer wear that tick the boxes above. The higher your item sells for, the more points you get.
The main takeaway? Quality is everything. And we promise we’re not fussy for no reason. All of the above is to ensure we can find a second home for your pre-loved clothes.