What fees does Thrift+ charge?
We are committed to being 100% transparent about our fees. If you have any questions, please just ask!
We charge 33% commission on successful sales with a minimum fee of £5.
Don't worry, at least £1 per sale will go to your chosen charity, which will ensure that we are always at least as effective as a high street charity shop.
We do not charge anything up front - fees are deducted from the sale amounts.
Here are a few examples:
- For an item that sells for £30 - Thrift+, the charity, and the donor each receive £10.
- For an item that sells for £10 - Thrift+ charges £5, and the charity & donor each receive £2.50.
- For an item that sells for £5 or less - we donate £1 to charity (this is our minimum donation), then the remainder of the sale price is used for Thrift+ fees to cover the cost of processing. In the future, we recommend donating these items to your local charity shop to be resold or recycled.
This helps us to build a truly first-class service for second-hand clothes. Below are some of the key areas where we use our funds:
- Sorting, pricing & preparing donations
- Photographing & uploading items
- Dispatching ThriftBags & arranging collections
- Building & maintaining our online marketplace
- Storing & managing our inventory
- Packing & posting online orders
- Customer service for donors, shoppers & charities
- Spreading the word about Thrift+!